- Mills Park Elementary School Counselors
- WCPSS Elementary School Counselors
- Mission and Vision Statements
- Meet the Counselors
- Student Support Services
- Small Groups/Lunch Bunch
- Parent Programs/Resources
- Middle School Information
- Warms the Heart
- Character Education
- Weekly Lessons from Second Step
Small Groups/ Lunch Bunch
What are small groups/lunch bunches?
Small groups meet in the school counselor's office to practice skills and discuss topics such as but not limited to friendships, social thinking, worries, and leadership. Often these occur during lunch while the students eat which is the reason for the nickname, lunch bunches.
How are lunch bunches formed?
The school counselor analyzes school-wide and individual data when selecting who to invite to lunch bunches. They also takes referrals from parents, teachers, administrators, school-based committees, and even students themselves!
How many groups are there?
The counselors can run several groups in a week!
Think your child would benefit from a lunch bunch?
Contact Mrs. Stavrakakis at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Lunch Bunch Process
- student identified
- permission slips sent home, content shared when asked
- 6-8 weeks worth of lessons - during lunch so no class time is missed
- Materials shared at the conclusion of the the group
- Counselors collect data to evaluate the success of the group so we constantly work to providing the best programs for our students
Questions - just ask! We are happy to help!